Novartis overcame the sales challenges through Awarathon's innovative AI enabled sales training
- Consistently ranked top 5, this Swiss-based company is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Operates in 140 countries with more than 100,000 employees globally.
- They use innovative science and digital technologies to create transformative treatments for great medical needs.
- Enhancement in the in-clinic effectiveness of medical representatives.
- The expertise of medical representatives in terms of detailed information about highly technical and diverse product features, benefits, and applications.
- Consistency in brand messaging to ensure the company’s image remains aligned with its values and goals, fostering credibility and reliability.
- Standardization of the sales training procedures that help in enhancing the training results.
- Absence of a timely constructive feedback system.
- Difficulties in tracking sales performance metrics and identifying areas that need improvement.
Approaching the solution
- Utilization of the video roleplay practice platform to create realistic situations.
- Awarathon’s gamified knowledge quizzes were used to certify the scientific knowledge of Medical reps.
- The timely feedback report helped the reps to understand the gaps in their performances.
- Valuable insights to sales managers on specific training needs of individual team members.
- Dynamic analytics and reports play a pivotal role in providing sales leaders with comprehensive insights
- Novartis team saw potential in various AI tools provided by the platform. It rolled out the platform for its major departments such as Cardio Vascular, Oncology, Opthalmology, etc. which includes around 1000 medical representatives.
- Improved efficiency in addressing HCP’s objections and queries
- Improved consistency in brand messaging while detailing
- Increase in scientific knowledge proficiency with more than 80% accuracy
- 2x increase in the competency of team members belonging to the highest accuracy tier
- More than 90% adoption from each division
- Reduction in the new rep ramp-up time
The utilization of innovative tools like the AI enabled video roleplay practice platform and Awarathon's gamified knowledge quizzes demonstrated a forward-thinking strategy that not only addressed their training needs but also ensured that their medical reps were well-equipped with the right knowledge.