In-clinic effectiveness platform for medical representatives
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (Sun Pharma) is the fourth largest specialty generic pharmaceutical company in the world with global revenues of over US$ 4.5 billion. Supported by over 36,000 employees and more than 40 manufacturing facilities, Sun Pharma provides high-quality, affordable medicines, trusted by healthcare professionals and patients, to more than 100 countries across the globe.
- Difficulty in measuring the in-clinic effectiveness of sales executives.
- Reduce onboard time for new sales representatives
- Need of a practise-oriented platform for the sales team
- Getting a holistic overview of the entire sales team’s performance.
Approaching the solution
- Sun Pharma has a dynamic sales force working in various functions. However, evaluating the sales performance, industry knowledge, pitching skills, and objection handling of sales executives have always been a hassle. To tackle these challenges, our team at Sun Pharma implemented Awarathon’s sales readiness platform. The platform’s interactive and engaging offerings for sales executives and managers helped them to prepare, practice, and perform well in a structured environment.
- Awarathon video assessments were rolled out across multiple divisions. Right from their sales executives to the top management, everyone participated in the assessment. Here the video assessments mean taking video examinations in which the sales executives have to answer a question or situation that they are likely to come across while pitching to a doctor. An in-clinic situation and a question based on that situation were set for Sun Pharma’s video assessment with a sufficient number of reattempts so that each participant can practice multiple times before they submit the video.
- Along with AI assessment, Awarathon allows manual assessment also, where managers get to see the performance of users and give them scores for different skill and knowledge parameters also, they can share feedback with users.
- The robust and detailed reports generated from Awarathon’s AI were truly helpful in getting a holistic overview of the entire team’s performance and in finding out the learning and skill gaps. The sales heads now exactly knew where their sales representatives were lacking and what aspects of the sales process required improvement so they could re-strategize their sales approach and map execution paths accordingly for further improvements.
- Awarathon received positive feedback from all the business heads at Sun Pharma. After initially leveraging the platform with just 2 divisions at the pilot stage, Sun Pharma has successfully rolled out Awarathon platform in all their business verticals.
- There has been an enhancement in the performance of new hires.
- Refinement in the sales pitch and boosted confidence of sales executives has resulted in improved in-clinic effectiveness.
- Quick and accurate AI assessment done for a large number of people helped in reducing training costs.
- Less discrepancies between managers’ feedback and real-time AI-enabled reports
The robust and detailed reports generated from Awarathon’s AI were truly helpful in getting a holistic overview of the entire team’s performance and in finding out the learning and skill gaps.